- Country: Tunisia
- Contact person: email@example.com
- Duration of the project: August 2021 to February 2022
- Project objective: Conduct a study on the role of digital technology in promoting the participation of women and young people in local governance
Study on the role of digital technology in promoting the participation of women and young people in local governance in Tunisia
Thanks to digital technology and the possibilities it gives us in terms of access to information, the world has become more accessible and connected. Tunisia is experiencing a digital transition and encourages initiatives by the private sector and civil society in this regard.
The digital Tunisia 2020 national strategic plan, which aims to ensure inclusion social and bridging the digital divide for adequate access to information is currently being implemented.
In this context, the project “Initiative for Municipal Development” (IDM), which is implemented by GIZ, aims to improve opportunities for youth and women participation at the local level in Tunisia. The study is taking place within this project and focuses on the role of digital technology in promoting the participation of women and young people in local governance in Tunisia.
The following questions are to be answered:
- What is the state of digital use by young people and women in the management of local affairs in 10 Tunisian municipalities?
- How can digitalisation increase citizen participation in local public life and improve the role of young people and women in these municipalities?
- What actions should be taken and which local initiatives should be encouraged / set up to improve access to and use of digital technology and therefore, an increased participation of young people and women in local public life?
This study is commissioned by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ).