- Country: Iraq
- Project Name: Mosul tells – Restoring Community Links Through Art and Oral History
- Contact person: Philipp Salomo email@example.com
- Project duration: September 2022 – July 2024
- Social media channels: Facebook
- Project objective: The project aims to contribute to the re-establishment of social cohesion through oral history and art and to make the cultural diversity of Mosul visible.
Mosul tells – Restoring Community Links Through Art and Oral History
More than 8 different ethnic and religious groups coexist in the city of Mosul Successive wars and ongoing conflicts affect social cohesion in the city of Mosul. Over the last two decades, social and cultural connections have been severely damaged, especially after the ISIS occupation of the city.
This project strives to foster social cohesion in Mosul through culture and arts through three stages.
The first stage of the project, a group of young adults between 18 and 35 will participate in Oral History workshops and develop short stories out of their experiences and backgrounds, which will serve as a basis for a graphic novel.
During the second stage, a group of young adults will be trained to develop puppets and present a puppet show on stage. The third stage will aim to develop short animations representing the developed stories.
The book, animations and the puppet show will be part of an exhibition shown in several cities in Iraq at the end of the project.